Friday, July 16, 2010

Update

I'm back home in Timaru, New Zealand at the moment and will be here for around a month before heading to China.

I arrived in Christchurch about 4 days ago and stayed up there for the night before driving home the next day. After 38 hours worth of travelling I had no problems falling asleep only to be woken up a few hours later by Drug Free Sport NZ representatives. I was chosen for an out of competition drug test and seeing I was in Christchurch for the night it saved them having to travel to test me. That is my second out of competition test this year. Even though it can be inconvenient it's good to see they are doing their job.

Our team, Klinik im Zentrum finished second in the Gigathlon. I'll write a bit more about this event in another post sometime next week. It was a fantastic event and I had a lot of fun.

Tomorrow we have the South Canterbury Club Champs, we have 38 entries from our club. A lot of young girls speed skating at the moment with 6 in the Primary Girls and 4 in the Tiny Tot Girls divisions.

There's no time for jet lag. I've already done two gym sessions, a skate last night and a few hours on the spin bike today. Looking forward to starting motor pacing next week around the car race track.

There's no place like home!

No comments:

Post a Comment