Saturday, April 17, 2010

Geisingen WIC 500m & Points Race

Racing has just finished for today and there are a lot of tired people, it seems I'm not the only one being woken up by the church bells.

At around 5 the senior racing started with the women's 10km points race first up. I haven't had a really hard work out on my skates for a while so I was unsure going into the race how my legs would hold up. They didn't let me down too much I won with 24 points, Mareike 2nd with 17 and Laetitia 3rd with 13.

The senior men's points race was up next and a group of 4 men broke away early and ended up lapping the field pretty quickly. Bart Swings proved too strong for the field and went on to win comfortably 10 points ahead of second place getter Scott.

There wasn't much of a break and then the 500m finals got underway. I didn't get a good start and ended up at the back so I decided to start passing early before the pace picked up. I moved into second position going into the second corner and with a lap to go I passed Mareike up the inside on the exit of the corner. I managed to form a gap between myself and the other 3 skaters and went on to win comfortably. Mareike was 2nd and Bianca 3rd.

Andes Munoz won the men's 500m, Joey held off Bart's huge lunge at the line to take 2nd, Bart 3rd and Najib 4th.

Tomorrow we have the 15km elimination and there is also a relay but I'm unsure if it counts towards any type of team points.

2 comments:

  1. Nice reading... since we are missing live feed I'm really happy for your blog "reports" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete